In keeping with the firm’s focus on transactional matters, our attorneys have extensive experience in finance transactions of all types, from both the lender’s and borrower’s perspective, including acquisition finance, syndicated credit facilities, asset-based finance, equipment and project finance and real estate finance transactions.
- A global banking and financial services firm in connection with $65 million first lien term loan to finance the construction and development of a casino project in the Midwest region of the United States.
- A US private equity fund in the acquisition and disposition of a portfolio consisting of over 150 distressed mortgage loans and REO properties.
- A Florida-based commercial bank in the workout and restructuring of over $50 million in distressed real estate loans.
- A real estate developer and operator of commercial properties in connection with a $43 million financing of Class A office space located in Broward County, Florida.
- A global lending company in connection with a $50 million financing provided to it by the InterAmerican Development Bank and a syndicate of lenders in connection with the expansion of its lending products into Colombia.
- A developer of renewable energy projects in a $300 million financing package for the construction of the largest wind power plant in Central America from the International Finance Corporation and a syndicate of development finance institutions led by the IFC.
- A developer of renewable energy projects in a $100 million bridge financing led by Banco Espirito Santo de Investimento, S.A., New York Branch, as Administrative Agent and Banco Espirito Santo de Investimento, S.A., New York Branch, as Mandated Lead Arranger and Bookrunner.
- A producer of tissue and other paper products in connection with the restructuring of its $40 million credit facilities from the International Finance Corporation and certain other development finance agencies.
- A regional manufacturer of paper products in connection with the financing of a $30 million credit facility to finance the acquisition and installation of a new equipment line for the production of paper towels in Guatemala.
We regularly act as local counsel to borrowers with assets or entities in Florida with respect to their financing facilities and provide the requisite due diligence services and legal opinions.