Corporate and M&A
Our attorneys regularly provide leading business counsel in corporate transactional work both domestically and on a cross-border basis. We have represented buyers and sellers in transactions across many industries including retail, distribution, energy, real estate and hospitality, among others. We are experienced in the management, negotiation and documentation of business transactions of all sorts and in the organization and reorganization of all types of business entities.
In addition to our transactional services, we regularly assist our clients in providing them any necessary general counsel services they may require including the preparation, review and negotiation of agreements of all types including employment, consulting, distribution, licensing, manufacturing and service agreements, as well as others.
The firm regularly advises start-ups and emerging companies in issues related to the formation and capitalization of entities, shareholder arrangements, and the protection of proprietary information and intellectual property.
Our experience has included the following representations:
- Dometic Group AB in its $875 million acquisition of SeaStar Solutions from affiliates of American Securities LLC. SeaStar Solutions is a leading provider of vessel control and fuel systems and aftermarket products to the leisure marine industry. Dometic is a global market leader in branded solutions for mobile living with product sales in approximately 100 countries. Its shares are listed in the Large Cap segment on Nasdaq Stockholm.
- A leading Latin American and Caribbean energy company in connection with its acquisition of a 215 MW wind power plant project consisting of four wind farms in the Penonome region of Panama, a related bridge loan financing in the amount of $100 million, a turbine supply agreement for the purchase of 86 2.5 MW wind turbines to be manufactured in China and supplied to our client at a total project cost of approximately $450 million and a $300 million project financing with the International Finance Corporation and a syndicate of finance development agencies.
- MOMO Automotive Accessories, Inc. in its acquisition of an auto parts manufacturer based in the Midwest region of the United States.
- A leading distributor of consumer fashion watches and accessories to the Latin American market, in the sale of its distribution business and certain related assets to Fossil, Inc. (NASDAQ: FOSL). Founded in 2002 and based in Miami, Florida, the distributor operated in 16 countries throughout the region including Argentina, Chile, Colombia, Panama, Peru, Venezuela and Uruguay, through a network of independent
- distributors and local affiliates and 100+company-owned and/or operated Shop-in-Shops and retail points of sale.
- A client in its $100 million sale of a world leader of a mature jet engine maintenance, repair, overhaul and testing services company.
- A financial technology company in the stored value account space operating in Latin America with a present emphasis on Peru, Colombia and Mexico in connection with a complex and highly technical set of agreements pursuant to which the client sold a license to Mobil Financial Services, a joint venture of MasterCard International and Telefonica S.A., for a technology platform for proposed stored value account businesses covering 11 Latin American countries.
- A private investment company with a venture capital investment in a German phone accessory manufacturer.