Our attorneys have experience representing clients across a broad spectrum of real estate interests and activities including residential, office, retail, commercial, industrial, hospitality, entertainment, agricultural, academic, institutional and governmental at the local, regional, national and international levels. Working across practice areas, we also advise our clients in all aspects of transaction structure, including the use of private-public partnerships. The firm has a wealth of experience in the development of multi-purpose projects, senior assisted living facilities and hospitality assets.
- A real estate investment firm based in Boca Raton, Florida, in connection with the refinancing of its 28-story landmark office tower located in Fort Lauderdale, Florida; the acquisition and financing of a premier multi-tenant office building located in Boca Raton, Florida; and the design and construction of a 2,200 car parking structure at the Lakes on Post Oak development in Houston, Texas.
- A real estate investment firm based in Los Angeles, California, in connection with: the purchase from The Celebration Company, an affiliate of The Walt Disney Company, of a site for the development of a senior living project in Celebration, Florida; and the acquisition and financing of a 22.5-acre site for the development of a 300-plus unit senior living project in Palm Beach County, Florida.
- A real estate investment company based in Chicago, Illinois, in connection with: the acquisition of over 500 acres of undeveloped land in Central Florida for development of a 7,000,000 square foot logistics center; and the redesign of recreational facilities, guest rooms, public spaces and food service outlets of an Official Walt Disney World Resort located on 27 acres in Orlando, Florida.
- A Virginia-based multifamily housing developer in connection with its acquisition and financing of an 18-acre parcel in Osceola County, Florida.
- A Miami-based developer in connection with all aspects of the sale of an approximately 200-unit multifamily apartment complex located in Miami-Dade County, Florida.
- An educational-focused real estate investor and operator in connection with real estate acquisitions in California, Florida, Georgia, Minnesota, North Carolina, Nevada, Ohio, and Texas, ground up development projects in Texas and Florida and commercial leases throughout Florida, Texas, Oregon and North Carolina.
- A Florida municipality in connection with the renovation and expansion of its historic convention center, featuring renovation of 500,000 square feet of exhibit space, ancillary interior spaces and convention center facade and expansion of ballroom and meeting spaces.
- A real estate developer and operator of commercial properties in connection with $43 million financing of Class A office space located in Broward County, Florida.
- The Latin American division of a cable network in connection with its leasing of commercial office space in Miami, Florida.
- A Miami-based bakery with multiple South Florida locations in connection with its lease of retail space.
- A publicly traded real estate investment firm in connection with its acquisition and disposition of shopping centers throughout Miami-Dade County, Florida and its related retail leasing.
- Several real estate investment firms in connection with their leasing of multi-tenant properties, including office, residential and industrial projects, and the related real estate financings of those projects.
We regularly act as local counsel to borrowers with assets or entities in Florida with respect to their financing facilities and provide the requisite due diligence and legal opinions.