- Advise clients in a wide range of industries on general corporate matters
- Representing domestic and foreign buyers and sellers in all aspects of mergers and acquisitions and other business combinations
- Advise start-ups and other early stage business with capital raising efforts
- Joint Ventures
- Corporate governance
- J.D., University of Miami School of Law, Miami, Florida
- B.A., Duke University, Durham, North Carolina
Admissions and Memberships
- Florida Bar, 1999
- New York Bar, 2015
Awards and Press
- Top Dealmaker of the Year for the Industrial category (Daily Business Review), 2015
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rating, the highest rating awarded by Martindale-Hubbell®
- Acted as lead consel for a IT Global Holdings, LLC, a Mexico-based company, in their acquisitions of two separate software development companies in the United States.
- Act as general counsel to Sintavia, LLC, a leader in additive manufacturing in all aspects of their business, including capital raising efforts.
- Acted as counsel in an $875 million acquisition by the firm’s client, Dometic, of Seastar Solutions from a private equity fund.
- Representation of a consortium of Trinidad and Tobago government entities in the acquisition of a stake in one of largest natural gas processing facilities in the Western Hemisphere for $168 million.
- Representation of Neff Capital Management in its sale of Complete Turbine Services, a world leader of mature jet engine maintenance to private equity.
- Representation of the shareholder of Datasafe of Panama, S.A. in their sale of the company to Access Information Management, a portfolio company of Summit Partners.
- Representation of Canadian industrial group in connection with the formation of joint venture for the production and distribution of consumer tissue products in Latin America.
- Representation of Steiner Leisure, a U.S. publicly traded company, in its acquisition of Ideal Image, the owner and operator of laser hair removal centers throughout the United States.
- Representation of Mexichem, a Mexican chemical producer in its acquisition of the plastic compounding business of Rockwood Holdings, Inc. for $300 million.
- Representation of Bentrani Watches LLC, a Latin American watch distributor, in the sale of substantially all of its assets to Fossil, Inc., a global retailer specializing in the design and marketing of fashion products.
- Representation of a Florida-based maker of medical devices in its $50 million sale to a private equity fund.
- Representation of Taplin Canida & Habacht Inc. a registered investment adviser, in connection with its $60 million sale to Marshall & Isley Corporation.
- Represented start-up companies in their entity formation and seed stage investments using convertible notes.
- Handle day-to-day contract matters for clients by providing general counsel services.
Affiliations and Community Activities
- NAMWOLF – Member of National Association of Minority and Women Owned Law Firms
Albert Diaz-Silveira is a corporate lawyer with depth of experience and a practical, value-added approach for helping clients find solutions that meet their business objectives.
Albert’s practice includes international business transactions, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, private equity, privatizations, and strategic partnership agreements.
Albert has extensive experience negotiating, documenting and advising clients in connection with mergers and acquisitions, joint venture agreements, financings and a broad range of corporate agreements, including operating agreements, stockholders’ agreements, strategic partnership agreements, and employment and consulting agreements.
He has represented clients in connection with corporate matters in a wide range of industries, including manufacturing, energy, aviation, distribution and healthcare both domestically and abroad.
Prior to founding Alvarez & Diaz-Silveira LLP, Albert was Counsel with the international law firm of White & Case LLP, where he represented corporations, investors, entrepreneurs and financial institutions and advisors on a broad spectrum of corporate transactions.